Information You Submit
Nitto receives and stores information you submit through the Services or provide to us in any other way. Nitto will use such information to help develop, deliver, and improve Nitto's products, services, content, promotions, and advertising. The types of information you may submit through the Services, include (without limitation), the following:
- In order to use certain Services, you may be required to provide your name, valid email address, phone number, Twitter and/or Facebook user names, contact preferences and browser information. This information is used for such purposes as allowing you to set up a user account and profile, improving the content and delivery of the Services and communicating with you about specials, new features and important notices. If you feel that an unauthorized account has been created depicting you or your likeness, you can request its removal by contacting Nitto as provided below.
- Your reviews, tips, photos, message board posts, compliments, profile, and other content you post to through the Services are visible to other users and can be read, collected, used or disseminated by them. In particular, your posting of material on certain of the Services may disclose your geographic location to other users. You are responsible for the materials you submit and any resulting disclosure or use of such materials by a third party. Nitto therefore urges you to think carefully before making a posting of any material.
Information Nitto Collects
In addition to the information you submit through the Services, Nitto also collects and stores information from and about you in the course of your use of the Services. Nitto may use this information to analyze and track user behavior, personalize your experience, associate it with other information about you, provide the functionality and improve the quality of the Services, and for promotional and marketing purposes. For example:
- Nitto and its service providers gather certain information automatically and store it in log files when you use the Services. This information includes Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, Internet service provider (ISP), referring and exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data.
- Nitto may collect and store information about your location if you enable your computer or mobile device to send us location information. You may be able to change the settings on your computer or mobile device to prevent it from providing us with such information.
- In some of Nitto's email messages, we use a "click-through URL" linked to content on our website. When you click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate web server before arriving at the destination page on our website. Nitto tracks this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages.
Third Party Disclosures
Nitto does not rent, share, sell, or trade your information with third parties, except in the following circumstances:
- Nitto may outsource to third parties certain services/functions, including, without limitation: (a) customer support; (b) information processing; (c) tracking and reporting; (d) product and prize fulfillment; and (e) other functions and services. Nitto may share your information with such third party service providers. These parties are obligated to protect your information.
- Nitto may investigate and disclose your information if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is: (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with any of the Services; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Protection of Personal Information
Nitto's takes precautions - including administrative, technical, and physical measures - to safeguard your information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. However, Nitto cannot guarantee the security of your information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of the information at any time.
Integrity and Retention of Personal Information
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13. If we learn that we have collected information from a child under 13 we will take steps to delete this information as soon as possible.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Nitto's website, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. Information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties. Nitto is not responsible for the privacy policies and/or practices on other websites.
Nitto Tires U.S.A. Inc.
5665 Plaza Drive, Suite 250
Cypress, California 90630
Effective Date: June 29, 2012