Dura Grappler Recall
Dear Valued Nitto® Tire Owner:
For information on our Dura Grappler® recall campaign, effective November 25, 2014, please click the following link:
1) How do I know if my tires are affected by the safety recall?
Nitto Tire U.S.A. Inc. is conducting a voluntary safety recall campaign to replace a limited number of Nitto® Dura Grappler® Dura-Belt™ tires. Please click here to see if your tires are affected by the recall.
You can also click here for instructions on how to read the sidewall of your tire.
Because the recall tires cover different manufacturing plants and different periods of manufacture, please visit an authorized Nitto dealer for help in determining if you own a qualifying Nitto Dura Grappler Dura-Belt tire.
2) What is wrong with the tires?
In a small number of these recall tires, production variances in the belt package during the relevant production periods may have created conditions that may put undue stress on the belt edge. If undetected, this condition may potentially contribute to a tread/belt separation and/or loss of inflation pressure, which may increase the risk of tire failure and a vehicle crash.
3) What should I do if I have tire(s) affected by the Safety Recall Notice?
Please schedule an appointment with your local Nitto dealer to replace the tires as soon as possible. You can return to the place where you bought the tires, or visit one of our authorized dealers.
4) I have a different Nitto tire in the same size. Is that affected as well?
Only Dura Grappler Dura-Belt tires are affected by this recall. No other tire patterns or sizes are included in this Safety Recall.
5) I recently had my Dura Grappler Dura-Belt tires replaced; will I be compensated for these?
Please contact us and we will be able to help you best navigate your specific situation.
6) What will these recalled tires be replaced with?
Any tire that is affected by the Safety Recall Notice will be replaced with a new, non-recall Nitto tire of the same size and pattern at no additional cost to you, the consumer.
7) Where can I get my tire(s) replaced?
• Return to the tire dealer from where you purchased your tires, or
• Go to an authorized Nitto dealer near you.
8) When will this safety recall campaign end?
The safety recall campaign ends March 1, 2015, so please make an appointment with your tire dealer as soon as possible to replace the tires.
For all further inquires, please contact Nitto via email regarding this safety recall