Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice PolicyIt is expected that all users of websites operated by Nitto Tire U.S.A Inc.'s ("Nitto") or social media outlets which Nitto has a page or an account (collectively or individually, the "Nitto Sites") will comply with applicable copyright laws. It is Nitto's policy to expeditiously respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with the United States Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA"). This page describes the information that should be present in these notices and the take down procedure Nitto follows with respect to allegedly infringing material.
If Nitto receives proper notification of claimed copyright infringement, Nitto's response to these notices will include removing or disabling access to the allegedly infringing material and/or terminating or suspending users. If Nitto removes or disables access in response to such a notice, Nitto will make a good-faith attempt to contact the provider of the allegedly infringing content so that they may make a counter notification pursuant to the DMCA.
Designated AgentNitto's designated agent to receive notification of alleged infringement under the DMCA is:
Mr. Iori Suzuki
Toyo Tires Holdings of Americas Inc.
5665 Plaza Drive, Suite 200
Cypress, California 90630
Upon receipt of proper notification of claimed infringement, Nitto will follow the procedures outlined herein.
Infringement NotificationIf you believe that your work has been used in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, or your intellectual property rights have been otherwise violated, please provide Nitto's designated agent the following information in a written communication (preferably via email):
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Nitto Site, with enough detail that we may find it on the Nitto Site (in most circumstances, we will need a URL);
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law";
- the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate, and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed"; and
- a physical or electronic signature of the owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please note that you may be liable for damages (including costs and attorneys' fees) if you materially misrepresent that material is infringing your copyrights. Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, Nitto suggests that you first contact an attorney.
In order to notify the provider of the allegedly infringing material to which Nitto has removed or disabled access, Nitto may forward a copy of your infringement notice, including your name and email address to the provider of the allegedly infringing material.
Counter NotificationIf you receive an infringement notification from Nitto, you may file with Nitto's designated agent a counter notification pursuant to the DMCA. To file a counter notification with Nitto, please provide Nitto's designated agent the following information in a written communication (preferably via email):
- identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access was disabled;
- your name, address, and telephone number;
- the following statement: "I consent to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the [insert the federal judicial district in which your address is located]";
- the following statement: "I will accept service of process from [insert the name of the person who submitted the infringement notification] or his/her agent";
- the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that I have a good faith belief that the affected material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled"; and
- your signature, in physical or electronic form.
Upon receipt of valid counter notification, Nitto will promptly provide the person who provided the original infringement notification with a copy of your counter notification, and inform that person that Nitto will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it in 10 business days. Further, Nitto will replace the removed material and cease disabling access to it not less than 10, nor more than 14, business days following receipt of your counter notice, unless Nitto's designated agent first receives notice from the person who submitted the original infringement notification that such person has filed an action seeking a court order to restrain you from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on the Nitto Site.